Interested in employment at UREC within Sport Programs? UREC is now hiring Sport Supervisors! Sport supervisors are responsible for providing supervision and management to all Intramural Sport events, Sport Club practices, competitions, tournaments, as well as additional events at the River Road Field Complex. Supervisors should have a passion for being around sports and creating a positive environment for staff development. Students holding the supervisor position have significant staff supervision and event management responsibilities.
- Current full-time student at LSU, with intentions to remain full-time and employed as a sport supervisor for at least two consecutive fall/spring semesters.
- Experience participating in sporting activities.
- Desire to be around students and sporting activities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to think autonomously as a supervisor.
2014 Sport Supervisor Important Facts
- Sport supervisors can work up to 20 hours a week. Most supervisors work between 9 – 12 hours a week on average.
- Most hours available for work occur Monday – Thursday, 3:00 – 11:00 p.m. and on Sundays. Supervisors normally work on Sundays when Intramural Sports are in season.
- Supervisors are expected to be in attendance at all scheduled UREC trainings and meetings. Supervisors meet bi-weekly during the semester and hold trainings and in-services at the start of each semester.
- Pay grade: $8/hour
- Application deadline: April 10, 2014
- Interviews: April 21 – 30, 2014
- All supervisors hired: May 2, 2014
- All-Staff Training: August 17 – 24, 2014
- Position begins: August 25, 2014
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for two references to Melissa Hogle, Assistant Director, Training & Development, email@example.com. Applications can also be turned in to the front desk of the Student Recreation Center.
For more information on Sport Supervisor positions, please contact:
Tori Landron, Graduate Assistant, Sport Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org
Courtney Kraemer, Graduate Assistant, Sport Programs, email@example.com
Zach Wood, Coordinator, Sport & Camp Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org