The addition of the two-hour parking lot and (9) new tennis courts to the current Student Recreation Complex has really started to take shape and we are seeing an eventual conclusion to this project in the near future. Once complete, this site will add some of the features that LSU students have asked for as a part of the overall renovation and expansion. Below are some highlights that have been accomplished within that last few weeks.
- All the tennis courts have been painted and nets hung.
- The major lighting systems have been installed and tested.
- The landscaping has been planted.
- The traffic signs and wayfinding pieces have been installed.
- Parking stalls have been striped.
At this time UREC’s goal is that this project be completed in time for the beginning of the 2014 Fall semester. As with any major construction project there are external factors beyond our control that can and will alter the completion date. We have and will continue to work vigorously to deliver the absolute best product for our members.