As many of you know, UREC has been going through an Expansion and Redesign project over the last 3.5 years. Today we are excited to announce that we re-activated the main entrance (West Entrance). This entrance is located across the street from our Challenge Course.
While we are extremely excited about reactivating the West Entrance and the new spaces, we will still have some minor projects to complete in the existing facility.
- The West Gym courts will be resurfaced, and will be closed for 4-6 weeks to accommodate the resurfacing.
- The West Locker Rooms will remain closed to complete renovations, and the East Locker Rooms remain open for use.
- Racquetball Courts will still be accessible, but hallway space will be limited.
- To check out or purchase equipment, members should visit either the Main Operations Desk or the East Operations Desk.
- The Small Group Training Room will be taken offline, but visit the new Functional Training Area is an impressive upgraded space.
- To access the UREC Indoor Pool, swimmers will enter through the West Entrance Lobby doors. The existing aquatic tunnel will be closed.
- The new portion of the Indoor Track will be open, but the portion of the track circling the West Gyms will still be under renovation and completed in 4-6 weeks.
I encourage you to follow us on social media to see the new space and how people are being active at UREC.
We have come so far in 3.5 years, and we are finally able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We thank you for your patience over this time and look forward to seeing everyone using the new UREC!
On behalf of the UREC Team,
Executive Director, LSU University Recreation