Letter from the Director – Spring 2018
We welcome everyone back to LSU for the beginning of the Spring 2018 semester. UREC saw record numbers in Fall 2017 with the official grand opening of the UREC back in September. This includes about 20,686 unique users entering UREC over 522,000 times! The positive feedback we have received from members, faculty/staff, and colleagues makes me proud of the work we do to contribute to the overall wellbeing of the LSU community.
Moving into 2018, we learned much in our first full semester of operation, and we are making some improvements to the overall experience at UREC. Some of these improvements include:
- Priority use area for our members with disabilities.
- Adventure Education Trips to new locations around Louisiana.
- The introduction of a new sport called Archery Tag.
- More personal trainers to meet the growing need of 1-on-1 training programs and small group training.
- Expanded swim lessons and aquatic certifications.
- Pilot program with Student Government to evaluate towel service for future experience.
After having completed our staff training for 300+ student employees and feeling the energy from our staff, we are even more excited about 2018. The students are motivated and eager to continue providing exceptional service so that everyones’ experience at LSU UREC is world class.
On behalf of the entire UREC Team, Geaux Tigers, Geaux Move,