Adventure Trip News & Announcements
Have you seen a bit of construction going on this summer across from the SRC? Well, the time is here…the new Challenge Course is finally here! The course marks the first completion project in UREC’s expansion and redesign process. Although the course is typically used for student organizations, any UREC member may try out the course during UREC’s Open Challenge Course dates!
Over Spring Break, I went on the UREC Deep Sea Fishing Trip to Jekyll Island and made so many memories! It was non-stop fun from fishing, to biking, to kayaking, to playing some pretty intense mini golf. Even though I was sleeping in a tent every night and eating tons of peanut butter sandwiches, I felt like I was living the life.
Registration can be completed at the SRC Operations Desk inside the Student Recreation Center or for UREC members online here. Phone-ins are welcome, but payment must be received to hold a participant’s spot on the trip. *All UREC Adventure Education trips are open to UREC members and their guests. The non-member guest must be sponsored by a UREC member to be eligible for participation, and will be assessed the non-member guest price.
Participants must attend the pre-trip meeting held in the UREC Classrooms the week before each trip.
Spring 2014 Trips Registration begins: January 6, 2014 *Prices: UREC member/Non-member guest
Date: February 8
Register by: February 5
Price: $20 / $25
Dates: February 21 – 23
Register by: February 18
Price: $70 / $90
Date: March 8
Register by: March 5
Price: $20 / $25
Dates: April 12 – 18
Register by: April 2
Price: $175 / $225
Dates: April 25 – 27
Register by: April 20
Price: $90 / $115
Dates: May 11 – May 16
Register by: April 30
Price: $150 / $200
- Included in the trip fees are travel to and from the site, all group gear, all activity gear, and medically trained staff to provide instruction for all participants.
- Participants will be placed in tent/cook groups, and will be required to purchase food to accommodate their group for trip. Information on appropriate choices will be discussed at the pre-trip meeting.
- All trips are designed to be appropriate for beginner to intermediate skill levels.
- All trips meet at, and depart from, the Student Recreation Center.
- Trip departure time is dependent on our participant’s schedules.
- View the UREC refund policy.