Student Recreation Complex Expansion & Redesign Overview
- 257,177 sq. ft. Student Rec Center
- Approx. 1/3 mile indoor jogging trail with inclined slope
- 40,431 sq. ft. cardio/weight space
- 8 multi-purpose courts
- Renovation of Student Recreation Center Locker Rooms
- Outdoor Adventure Center
- High low ropes course across from UREC SRC
- Fitness Assessment Center
- Leisure pool in the shape of LSU
- 9 new tennis courts (opened Fall 2014)
- Addition of 300+ parking spaces at Student Recreation Complex (opened Fall 2014)
As of June 26, we must extend our time in the Natatorium for at least another two weeks and possibly longer as LSU, the design team (HOK+GH) and FPC work toward understanding the possible solutions and costs to correct the pool leaks at the SRC.
Due to storm damage the Natatorium faced with the June 23 storm, lap swimming hours at the Natatorium have changed.
At this time we can safely articulate that as previously communicated, the pool will not be in a position to reopen the week of June 22. Learn more here.
At a Glance
In the News
Nola.com, April 28, 2015
The Daily Reveille, January 14, 2015
The Daily Reveille, October 23, 2014
The New York Times, September 19, 2014