Student Recreation Complex Expansion & Redesign Overview
- 257,177 sq. ft. Student Rec Center
- Approx. 1/3 mile indoor jogging trail with inclined slope
- 40,431 sq. ft. cardio/weight space
- 8 multi-purpose courts
- Renovation of Student Recreation Center Locker Rooms
- Outdoor Adventure Center
- High low ropes course across from UREC SRC
- Fitness Assessment Center
- Leisure pool in the shape of LSU
- 9 new tennis courts (opened Fall 2014)
- Addition of 300+ parking spaces at Student Recreation Complex (opened Fall 2014)
Missing the Climbing Gym? Don’t worry, we’re about to rock out. Literally! We’re bringing out our portable rock wall twice a week this Spring.
Although no bags are allowed in the Cardio/Weight Area, the good news is we’ve added additional day lockers! Store your valuables in the lockers located in the hallway adjacent to the Gymnasium.
While LSU students were away over the Holiday Break, the Cardio/Weight Room move saw its final touches and officially opened in its new space on Gym Courts 4 & 5.