Expansion & Redesign Overview
- 250,000 sq. ft.
- Approx. 1/3 mile indoor jogging trail with inclined slope
- 40,000 sq. ft. cardio space
- 8 multi-purpose courts
- Renovation of Student Recreation Center Locker Rooms
- Outdoor Adventure Center
- High low ropes course across from UREC SRC
- Fitness Assessment Center
- Leisure pool in the shape of LSU
- 9 new tennis courts (opened Fall 2014)
- New UREC Field Complex at River Rd. (opened Fall 2014)
- Addition of 300+ parking spaces at Student Recreation Complex (opened Fall 2014)
UREC couldn’t be more excited to share that we had a successful bid opening on September 17, 2014 and the expansion to the Student Recreation Complex is set to begin late this fall!
Wondering the status of the new 2-hour parking lot? Read up on the validation station and what this means for your parking experience at the Student Recreation Complex.
As a part of Phase II of UREC’s expansion and redesign project, UREC is happy to announce that the UREC Field Complex located at the corner of River Rd. and Gourrier Ave. is now open and ready for use! Fields will be available for drop-in recreation use, in addition to fields that will be utilized for Intramural Sports and Sport Club contests.
Who’s ready to play a game of tennis or two on UREC’s brand new tennis courts?! UREC is excited to announce the opening of 9 new tennis courts at the Student Recreation Complex, in addition to the opening of the new UREC 2-hour parking lot.
In the News
The Daily Reveille, January 17, 2014
The Daily Reveille, November 22, 2013
The Daily Reveille, September 23, 2013
The Daily Reveille, September 2, 2013
The Daily Reveille, April 25, 2013
The Daily Reveille, January 24, 2013
Greater Baton Rouge Business Report, August 7, 2012