Student Recreation Complex Expansion & Redesign Overview
- 257,177 sq. ft. Student Rec Center
- Approx. 1/3 mile indoor jogging trail with inclined slope
- 40,431 sq. ft. cardio/weight space
- 8 multi-purpose courts
- Renovation of Student Recreation Center Locker Rooms
- Outdoor Adventure Center
- High low ropes course across from UREC SRC
- Fitness Assessment Center
- Leisure pool in the shape of LSU
- 9 new tennis courts (opened Fall 2014)
- Addition of 300+ parking spaces at Student Recreation Complex (opened Fall 2014)
What’s happening with #URECexpansion? Be sure to check out the latest as it relates to pool access and projects completed.
UREC will know more about the status of our Indoor Pool on/or around May 8, at which time we will communicate this information to members.
Good news! The major utility work necessary for the expansion of the Student Recreation Center is complete! The section of South Campus Drive previously closed in front of the SRC is now open.
At a Glance
In the News
Nola.com, April 28, 2015
The Daily Reveille, January 14, 2015
The Daily Reveille, October 23, 2014