Student Recreation Complex Expansion & Redesign Overview
- 257,177 sq. ft. Student Rec Center
- Approx. 1/3 mile indoor jogging trail with inclined slope
- 40,431 sq. ft. cardio/weight space
- 8 multi-purpose courts
- Renovation of Student Recreation Center Locker Rooms
- Outdoor Adventure Center
- High low ropes course across from UREC SRC
- Fitness Assessment Center
- Leisure pool in the shape of LSU
- 9 new tennis courts (opened Fall 2014)
- Addition of 300+ parking spaces at Student Recreation Complex (opened Fall 2014)
Beginning on Tuesday, December 16, the first piece of equipment will be removed from the Cardio/Weight Room and relocated onto Gym Courts 4 & 5. the entire move is anticipated to be completed over a 2-3 week time frame.
Stay tuned for the return of Smoothie King upon the completion of UREC expansion.
As of December 13, 2014, the Climbing Gym inside the SRC is offline and unavailable for climbing. The portable climbing wall will be available for use at various times during the Spring semester. Be on the lookout for more info in January!