Student Recreation Complex Expansion & Redesign Overview
- 257,177 sq. ft. Student Rec Center
- Approx. 1/3 mile indoor jogging trail with inclined slope
- 40,431 sq. ft. cardio/weight space
- 8 multi-purpose courts
- Renovation of Student Recreation Center Locker Rooms
- Outdoor Adventure Center
- High low ropes course across from UREC SRC
- Fitness Assessment Center
- Leisure pool in the shape of LSU
- 9 new tennis courts (opened Fall 2014)
- Addition of 300+ parking spaces at Student Recreation Complex (opened Fall 2014)
Minnie Fisk Lane is reopen at the intersection of South Campus Dr. behind the Phi Mu sorority house. This closure was necessary in order to tie in the new drainage system for #URECexpansion.
The UREC pool will remain closed until late August of 2016. We will continue to work with LSU Athletics to provide swimming options at the Natatorium throughout the year.
In order to tie in the new drainage system for #URECexpansion, Minnie Fisk Lane at S. Campus Dr. will close temporarily beginning July 15. Check out alternative routes.
At a Glance
July 2015 Aerial Video
In the News
Nola.com, April 28, 2015
The Daily Reveille, January 14, 2015