Student Recreation Complex Expansion & Redesign Overview
- 257,177 sq. ft. Student Rec Center
- Approx. 1/3 mile indoor jogging trail with inclined slope
- 40,431 sq. ft. cardio/weight space
- 8 multi-purpose courts
- Renovation of Student Recreation Center Locker Rooms
- Outdoor Adventure Center
- High low ropes course across from UREC SRC
- Fitness Assessment Center
- Leisure pool in the shape of LSU
- 9 new tennis courts (opened Fall 2014)
- Addition of 300+ parking spaces at Student Recreation Complex (opened Fall 2014)
With the road closure in front of the SRC, be sure to check out how to get to the SRC via pedestrian pathways. The road closure is anticipated to last through the month of March, pending weather.
The SRC Indoor Pool will temporarily close while a leak in the pool is fixed. Beginning on March 16, 2015, lap swimming will move to the LSU Natatorium for up to 12 weeks.
Be sure to check out the latest as it relates to UREC expansion and redesign. Including a pool update and road closures, be in the the know!