Student Recreation Complex Expansion & Redesign Overview
- 257,177 sq. ft. Student Rec Center
- Approx. 1/3 mile indoor jogging trail with inclined slope
- 40,431 sq. ft. cardio/weight space
- 8 multi-purpose courts
- Renovation of Student Recreation Center Locker Rooms
- Outdoor Adventure Center
- High low ropes course across from UREC SRC
- Fitness Assessment Center
- Leisure pool in the shape of LSU
- 9 new tennis courts (opened Fall 2014)
- Addition of 300+ parking spaces at Student Recreation Complex (opened Fall 2014)
UREC couldn’t be more excited to share that we have received the notice to proceed for the Student Recreation Complex expansion and redesign effective October 27, 2014. Milton J Womack, Inc. will be our general contractor and we are very excited to work with them over the next two years.
UREC couldn’t be more excited to share that we had a successful bid opening on September 17, 2014 and the expansion to the Student Recreation Complex is set to begin late this fall!
Wondering the status of the new 2-hour parking lot? Read up on the validation station and what this means for your parking experience at the Student Recreation Complex.
In the News
The Daily Reveille, January 17, 2014
The Daily Reveille, November 22, 2013
The Daily Reveille, September 23, 2013