Student Recreation Complex Expansion & Redesign Overview
- 257,177 sq. ft. Student Rec Center
- Approx. 1/3 mile indoor jogging trail with inclined slope
- 40,431 sq. ft. cardio/weight space
- 8 multi-purpose courts
- Renovation of Student Recreation Center Locker Rooms
- Outdoor Adventure Center
- High low ropes course across from UREC SRC
- Fitness Assessment Center
- Leisure pool in the shape of LSU
- 9 new tennis courts (opened Fall 2014)
- Addition of 300+ parking spaces at Student Recreation Complex (opened Fall 2014)
While LSU students were away over the Holiday Break, the Cardio/Weight Room move saw its final touches and officially opened in its new space on Gym Courts 4 & 5.
Stay tuned for the return of Smoothie King upon the completion of UREC expansion.
Beginning on Tuesday, December 16, the first piece of equipment will be removed from the Cardio/Weight Room and relocated onto Gym Courts 4 & 5. the entire move is anticipated to be completed over a 2-3 week time frame.