Courts available for reservation: racquetball (seven courts), tennis (nine courts), and squash (one court). Reservations for all courts must be made within 24 hours of your desired reservation time.
Court reservations are for a one hour blocks. Back-to-back court reservations or multiple reservations in the same day are not allowed. This is to ensure all UREC members have the same opportunity to reserve courts.
Court reservations will be honored up until 5 minutes after reservation time. At that point in time available courts will be first-come, first-served.
Due to UREC expansion and redesign, there are limited spaces available for meetings. Upon completion of the project, additional spaces will be made available.
LSU UREC has the space to accommodate groups both small and large in order to host meetings, meals, receptions, classes, or other functions.
UREC has a variety of different areas ideal for events, fitness activities, and sporting events. UREC offers facility space specialized for activities including tournaments, competitions, fitness, dance, concerts, expos, exhibitions, and both indoor and outdoor events.
- Gym Courts
- Racquetball Courts
- Squash Courts
- Studios A & B
- Tennis Courts
Outdoor Field Space
LSU UREC has field space available for rental at the UREC Field Complex, located at River Rd. This complex includes stadium lighting and fields may be configured for most sports including football, soccer, softball, kickball, rugby, and lacrosse. Locker rooms, restrooms, and meeting space are conveniently located within the complex.
Rental Policies & Guidelines
Select a topic below to expand.
- If the event is open to non-UREC members then the group renting the facility must provide a list of all non-UREC members participating prior to the start of the tournament. If the tournament allows for same day registration then the group must provide one person to assist UREC staff in allowing these individuals to enter the facility.
- All non-UREC participants must check in with our control desk (staff) and must sign our waiver. The group renting the facility must assign at least one individual to assist with the process.
- Spectators for the event are allowed to enter the facility at no charge but must check in/sign in at the control desk. They will be given a stamp or other identification to show that they are here to be a spectator for the event only. This policy pertains to any event that allows spectators and takes place in UREC facilities.
- Payment is due within 10 days after the invoice has been generated.
- Rental rates are based on time used.
- Any group charging a spectator admission fee will be invoiced 10% of their total gate revenue.
- All groups are subject to additional set-up, supervisory, equipment, and custodial fees as necessary (i.e. out of pocket expenses).
- All student groups renting the Gym Courts for a tournament that is open to the public will be required to have a minimum of one security guard on duty at the event at all times. University Recreation reserves the right to determine which events outside of tournaments will need a minimum of one security guard for that event.
- Security must be handled by the LSU Police Department.
- There will be no exceptions to this policy unless approved by either the Associate Director or Director of UREC.
- Any reservation cancellation must be submitted to the UREC Event Coordinator in writing.
- If the event is canceled more than 21 business days prior to the event no costs are due.
- If the event is canceled during the 20 to 6 business day range prior to the event, 50% of estimated costs are due.
- If the event is canceled less than 5 business days prior to the event, 100% of costs are due.
Any events that are canceled due to acts of God, UREC conflict, or any reason deemed valid by UREC Event Coordinator, will be allowed to cancel or postpone their event with no penalty.