What is a fitness assessment?
A personal trainer will perform health-related assessments that are relevant to your fitness related goals and desires. As a client, you will be evaluated in numerous areas, including muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, cardiovascular fitness, and movement screens. Body measurements will also be conducted Each test will help you further your understanding of your overall health as it relates to fitness and overall program development for ongoing physiological assessments. Each fitness assessment will include the following:
- Circumference measurements
- Height and weight
- Resting heart rate
- Estimated body fat
- Target heart rate
- Three-minute step test
- Squat assessment
- Curl-up test
- Push-up test
- Resting blood pressure
- Shoulder assessment
How to prepare for a fitness assessment
It is important to take proper procedures before the fitness assessment to ensure accurate results. Below are a few tips to help you prepare for the fitness assessment.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing
- Drink plenty of fluids over the 24-hour preceding the assessment to ensure normal hydration
- Avoid exercise or strenuous physical activity the day of the assessment
- Avoid food, tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine for at least 3 hours prior to the assessment
- LSU current students: $25
- LSU Faculty/Staff: $35
*A FREE fitness assessment included in every personal and partner personal training package.
For questions regarding Fitness Assessments & Testing, contact the Assistant Director of Fitness & Wellness, Dave Hart, at 225.578.1910 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be a valid member in order to purchase a fitness assessment.
- Fill out fitness assessment training registration form (including back).
- Submit completed forms to UREC SRC Operations Desk. You’ll then be contacted via email within 5 business days regarding registration status.
- Present your confirmation email to the UREC SRC Operations Desk for payment.
- Payment Options: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Cash, Check, TigerCash. Faculty/Staff and Graduate Students may pay in installments using Payroll Deduction Form.