- UREC members are allowed up to three (3) guests per day at the rate of $10 per guest.
- As a thank you during construction, UREC would like to offer members two complimentary guest passes each semester beginning Spring 2015. Passes can be redeemed at the Operations Desk. Both guest and sponsor must be present to redeem a complimentary guest pass. All guest pass policies and guidelines apply.
- Individuals and guests must present a valid government-issued photo ID in order to purchase a day pass and upon entry.
- Parent Pass Parents (and step parents or guardians) of current LSU UREC student members are eligible to receive two (2) complementary guest passes per semester. See guidelines below.
- Anyone eligible for an UREC membership may purchase a day pass at $10 per day with valid photo identification. Should Identification be falsified in any way, individuals can be banned from LSU UREC facilities and programs for life.
- Lod Cook Hotel & Conference Center or Faculty Club Individuals staying at either the Lod Cook Hotel & Conference Center or Faculty Club are allowed entry with the purchase of the $10 day pass by presenting a room key or room receipt.
- LSU Family Association Members of the LSU Family Association receive two (2) complementary day passes per academic year and are eligible to purchase a UREC membership at the affiliate rate. Those who visit campus less frequently and would like access to UREC facilities can purchase a daily pass for just $10 per person by showing their current Family Association membership card. The Family Association member must be present to be eligible for this offer and will be required to present a photo id (driver’s license, government-issued ID).
Guest and Day Pass Policies
- Dependents are only allowed in activity areas if they are participating in that activity and as such, must have a valid UREC membership. All age restrictions will apply for use of an activity area.
- Dependents that are not participating in an activity must remain in the 1st floor lounge area and must be directly supervised (within reaching distance) by a parent or guardian at all times. As such, the dependent would not be required to hold a UREC membership or pay the guest fee.
- Only parents or legal guardians, who are current members, may purchase a membership for their dependents (18 years of age and older).
- If currently enrolled in school, dependents up to the age of 24 are also eligible for membership.
- Members 17 years of age and under may not sponsor a guest.
- Children six years of age and older are not allowed in opposite sex locker rooms.
|Over 16||may utilize the facility without a parent or guardian directly present.|
|14 – 16||must be supervised (remain in the facility) by a parent or guardian at all times. If using the Cardio, Weight, & Fitness Area and/or Circuit Room the parent must supervise indirectly (in the same area) at all times.|
|13 & under||not permitted in the Cardio, Weight & Fitness Area|
|6 – 13||must be indirectly supervised at all times.|
|Under 6||must be directly (within reaching distance) supervised by a parent or guardian at all times. If using the pool area the parent or guardian must remain in direct contact with the child at all times. If in opposite sex locker-room, children 5 years and younger must be changed in one of the closed-door locker bays and use a shower with a curtain. The parent or guardian must make every attempt to keep exposure of the child to a minimum.|
- Without a valid UREC membership, any individual who wishes to utilize UREC facilities or programs must purchase a day pass and be sponsored by a UREC member, regardless of age.
- Individuals must present a valid government-issued photo ID in order to purchase a day pass.
- Anyone eligible for an UREC membership may purchase a day pass with valid photo identification. Should Identification be falsified in any way, individuals can be banned from LSU UREC facilities and programs for life.
- Individuals staying at either the Lod Cook Hotel & Conference Center or Faculty Club are allowed entry with the purchase of the $10 day pass by presenting a room key or room receipt.
- Each guest must present valid photo identification upon entry.
- Members are allowed up to three (3) guests per day at the rate of $10 per guest.
- Day passes may be purchased with cash or TigerCash.
- The sponsor may not leave LSU UREC facilities/property without his/her guest.
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guest(s) and are sub ject to all rules and regulations affiliated with a day pass, including membership termination should their guest’s conduct warrant.
- Under-age members (17 years of age and under) may not sponsor a guest.
- Guests or day pass holders may not check-out equipment, make court reservations, or participate in Intramural programs.
- Day passes will not be sold within one hour of closing time.
- Day passes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Spectators associated with facility rentals are only permitted in the UREC SRC for authorized and specials events as per the facility rental contract.
(Group Rental participants/spectators must check in at the UREC Operations Desk to obtain the appropriate pass to enter the facility)
LSU Family Association
Members of the LSU Family Association receive two (2) free guest passes and are eligible to purchase a UREC membership at the affiliate rate. Those who visit campus less frequently and would like access to UREC facilities can purchase a daily pass for just $10 per person by showing their current Family Association membership card. The Family Association member must be present to be eligible for this offer and will be required to present a photo id (driver’s license, government-issued ID).
By participating in or using any activities, programs, equipment or facilities available through LSU University Recreation participant/user hereby agrees to the following terms and conditions:
I understand and agree that there is a risk of serious injury to me while utilizing LSU UREC facilities, equipment, and programs and recognize every activity has a certain degree of risk, some more than others. By participating, I knowingly and voluntarily assume any and all risk of injuries, regardless of severity, which from time to time may occur as a result of my participation in athletic and other activities through LSU University Recreation.
I hereby certify I have adequate health insurance to cover any injury or damages that I may suffer while participating, or alternatively, agree to bear all costs associated with any such injury or damages myself.
I further certify that I am in good health and have no mental or physical condition or symptoms that could interfere with my safety or the safety of others while participating in any activity using any equipment or facilities of LSU University Recreation. I understand and agree that I alone am responsible to determine whether I am physically and mentally fit to participate, perform, or utilize the activities, programs, equipment or facilities available at Louisiana State University, and that I am not relying on any advice from LSU University Recreation in this regard. To the extent I have any questions or need any information about my physical or mental condition or limitations, I agree to seek professional advice from a qualified physician.
Further, I hereby RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS, the State of Louisiana, the Board of Supervisors of Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College, and its respective members, officers, employees, student workers, student interns, volunteers, agents, representatives, institutions, and/or departments from any and all liability, claims, damages, costs, expenses, personal injuries, illnesses, death or loss of personal property resulting, in whole or in part, from my participation in, or use of, any facility, equipment, and/or programs of Louisiana State University.
By entering a LSU UREC facility, I consent to being the subject of any photography, audio, or video recordings, which may take place while I am participating in programming and/or open recreation activities. Such photography and recordings may be used for LSU publications, webcasts, telecasts, advertising, and for any other additional promotional or marketing purpose as Louisiana State University may see fit. By entering a LSU UREC facility, I hereby waive all rights or claims I may have to any financial compensation or payment of royalties in connection with any publications, webcasts, broadcasts, or exhibition of these materials. When/if my likeness or image is used in a publication, there will be no identifying information provided. If you do not wish to be photographed, please kindly inform our photographer or videographer.