Click on a section below to view policies and guidelines.
- Children 13 years and under are not permitted in the Cardio, Weight, & Fitness Area and/or Small Group Training Room.
- Appropriate athletic attire must be worn in the Cardio, Weight, and Fitness area at all times.
- Appropriate attire is defined by t-shirts or tanks that cover the torso to include the midriff and rib cage; pants or shorts made of light, breathable fabric; and athletic shoes that cover the entire foot.
- Clothing with exposed rivets, buttons, zippers, or other metal parts is not permitted.
Food & beverages
- Food, gum, tobacco products, or open beverage containers are prohibited.
- Only twist top or water bottle containers are permitted.
- No bags are allowed in any Cardio/Weight Room areas.
- Patrons should utilize the day lockers in the hallway adjacent to the Gymnasium, the day lockers in the locker rooms, or purchase a locker.
- Only UREC Personal Trainers are allowed to train clients.
- Please re-rack weights in proper place when finished.
- Dropping or slamming weights is prohibited.
- Free weights, such as dumbbells and weight plates, must stay in the weight room at all times.
- Please wipe down equipment after use. Pre-moistened towels are provided.
- Use of a spotter and collars on bars is strongly recommended.
- Please ask the weight room staff if you would like assistance on how to use a piece of equipment.
- Report any damaged equipment, accidents, or misconduct to the weight room staff.
- Dependents are only allowed in activity areas if they are participating in that activity and as such, must have a valid UREC membership. All age restrictions will apply for use of an activity area.
- Dependents that are not participating in an activity must remain in the 1st floor lounge area and must be directly supervised (within reaching distance) by a parent or guardian at all times. As such, the dependent would not be required to hold a UREC membership or pay the guest fee.
- Only parents or legal guardians, who are current members, may purchase a membership for their dependents (18 years of age and older).
- If currently enrolled in school, dependents up to the age of 24 are also eligible for membership.
- Members 17 years of age and under may not sponsor a guest.
- Children six years of age and older are not allowed in opposite sex locker rooms.
|Over 16||May utilize the facility without a parent or guardian directly present.|
|14 – 16||Must be supervised (remain in the facility) by a parent or guardian at all times. If using the Cardio/Weight Room & Fitness Area and/or Small Group Training Room the parent must supervise indirectly (in the same area) at all times.|
|13 & under||Not permitted in the Cardio/Weight Room.|
|6 – 13||Must be indirectly supervised at all times.|
|Under 6||Must be directly (within reaching distance) supervised by a parent or guardian at all times. If using the pool area the parent or guardian must remain in direct contact with the child at all times. If in opposite sex locker room – children 5 years and younger must be changed in one of the closed-door locker bays and use a shower with a curtain. The parent or guardian must make every attempt to keep exposure of the child to a minimum.|
All UREC patrons are expected to be responsible, courteous, and safety conscious at all times. Disorderly conduct, abuse or misuse of the facility or its equipment, or disregard for policies will not be tolerated. Violators will be required to leave the facility and may be subject to disciplinary action. Violators of UREC policies may also be suspended from using the facilities. Members who are suspended will not have any portion of their fees refunded.
Access to facilities
- University Recreation reserves the right to refuse admittance.
- Entry to and exit from the facility must be through controlled access points only. Other exits should be used for emergencies only.
- All members must present a valid LSU ID card or an UREC membership card upon entry.
- As of June 9, 2014, to provide better service to students and members, UREC has extended ID forgiveness to those members who do not have a physical photo ID, but have their photo in Fusion (UREC’s membership management program). ID forgiveness will be limited to 3 times per semester.
- Rules for specific areas are posted on site. These rules may include more area specific rules that are not listed in the General Rules.
- No type of sport activities will be allowed in hallways of the SRC.
- Proper attire is required at all times. Shirt and shoes are required at all times except in the locker rooms and pool area.
Lost and/or Stolen Items
- University Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Membership privileges may be revoked or suspended for policy violation at any time.
- A $15 replacement fee is assessed for lost membership cards.
Photography & Videography
- Photography is permitted in LSU UREC facilities for personal non-commercial and lawful use provided permission has been granted by the individual(s) being photographed.
- The taking, capturing or recording of any and all photography, audio, or video of any kind in the pool, men’s and women’s locker rooms, and restrooms is strictly prohibited.
- Those who seek to photograph, film, or interview individuals at LSU UREC facilities for commercial use, media use, or class projects, must receive prior written approval from University Recreation administration prior to accessing LSU UREC facilities. Click here to view the approval process.
- By entering a LSU UREC facility, you consent to being the subject of any photography, audio, or video recordings, which may take place while you are participating in programming and/or open recreation activities. Such photography and recordings may be used for LSU publications, webcasts, telecasts, advertising, and for any other additional promotional or marketing purpose as Louisiana State University may see fit. By entering a LSU UREC facility, you hereby waive all rights or claims you may have to any financial compensation or payment of royalties in connection with any publications, webcasts, broadcasts, or exhibition of these materials. When/if your likeness or image is used in a publication, there will be no identifying information provided. If you do not wish to be photographed, please kindly inform our photographer or videographer.
- Gum, tobacco, alcoholic beverages, and pets are not allowed in UREC facilities.
- University Recreation may not be used for solicitation, private classes, personal training, or any other activity associated with personal gain.
Student Code of Conduct
- All policies outlined in the Student Code of Conduct will be enforced.
Without a valid UREC membership, any individual who wishes to utilize UREC facilities or programs must purchase a day pass and be sponsored by a UREC member, regardless of age.
- Individuals must present a valid government-issued photo ID in order to purchase a day pass.
- Anyone eligible for an UREC membership may purchase a day pass with valid photo identification. Should Identification be falsified in any way, individuals can be banned from LSU UREC facilities and programs for life.
- Individuals staying at either the Lod Cook Hotel & Conference Center or Faculty Club are allowed entry with the purchase of the $10 day pass by presenting a room key or room receipt.
- Each guest must present valid photo identification upon entry.
- Members are allowed up to three (3) guests per day at the rate of $10 per guest.
- Day passes may be purchased with cash or TigerCash.
- The sponsor may not leave LSU UREC facilities/property without his/her guest.
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guest(s) and are sub ject to all rules and regulations affiliated with a day pass, including membership termination should their guest’s conduct warrant.
- Under-age members (17 years of age and under) may not sponsor a guest.
- Guests or day pass holders may not check-out equipment, make court reservations, or participate in Intramural programs.
- Day passes will not be sold within one hour of closing time.
- Day passes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Spectators associated with facility rentals are only permitted in the UREC SRC for authorized and specials events as per the facility rental contract. Group rental participants/spectators must check in at the UREC Operations Desk to obtain the appropriate pass to enter the facility.
LSU Family Association
Members of the LSU Family Association receive two (2) free guest passes and are eligible to purchase a UREC membership at the affiliate rate. Those who visit campus less frequently and would like access to UREC facilities can purchase a daily pass for just $10 per person by showing their current Family Association membership card. The Family Association member must be present to be eligible for this offer and will be required to present a photo id (driver’s license, government-issued ID).
- It is recommended that all patrons and guests leave no valuables, such as money, wallets, watches, jewelry, etc., unattended in their lockers.
- Patrons should double check the lock to make sure it is locked when showering or leaving the facility.
- It is recommended for safety reasons that participants with health problems check with a physician before using the sauna.
- Always sit covered with a towel or wear clothing while in the sauna.
- When showering, do not leave any soap or shampoo in the shower area.
- Lost and found articles may be taken to the Equipment Desk.
- Do not leave any doors or entrances into the locker rooms propped open.
- All thefts, vandalism or unusual situations should be reported to the UREC Supervisor – Facilities.
- Children 6 years of age and older are not allowed into an opposite sex locker room.
- If in opposite sex locker room, children 5 years and younger must be changed in one of the closed-door locker bays and use a shower with a curtain. The parent or guardian must make every attempt to keep exposure of the child to a minimum.
- Clothes, equipment, and other miscellaneous items are stored in the Equipment Room. ID cards can be turned in at the UREC Operations Desk and will be secured by the manager on duty.
Parents of current LSU UREC student members are eligible to receive two (2) free guest passes to use UREC facilities and programs*. The policy allows current LSU UREC student members the ability to extend two (2) free guest passes to their parents (step parents) or guardians per semester.
- Each student member is allotted 2 free passes per parent per semester (includes Fall, Spring, & Summer).
- The passes will renew at the beginning of each semester the student is considered a member of LSU UREC.
- The student and parent must check in at the UREC Operations Desk to process.
- Student must be present to receive the passes.
- All rules and guidelines associated with the LSU UREC guest pass policy are applicable.
* Program use excludes Intramural Sports participation.
By participating in or using any activities, programs, equipment or facilities available through LSU University Recreation participant/user hereby agrees to the following terms and conditions:
I understand and agree that there is a risk of serious injury to me while utilizing LSU UREC facilities, equipment, and programs and recognize every activity has a certain degree of risk, some more than others. By participating, I knowingly and voluntarily assume any and all risk of injuries, regardless of severity, which from time to time may occur as a result of my participation in athletic and other activities through LSU University Recreation.
I hereby certify I have adequate health insurance to cover any injury or damages that I may suffer while participating, or alternatively, agree to bear all costs associated with any such injury or damages myself.
I further certify that I am in good health and have no mental or physical condition or symptoms that could interfere with my safety or the safety of others while participating in any activity using any equipment or facilities of LSU University Recreation. I understand and agree that I alone am responsible to determine whether I am physically and mentally fit to participate, perform, or utilize the activities, programs, equipment or facilities available at Louisiana State University, and that I am not relying on any advice from LSU University Recreation in this regard. To the extent I have any questions or need any information about my physical or mental condition or limitations, I agree to seek professional advice from a qualified physician.
Further, I hereby RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS, the State of Louisiana, the Board of Supervisors of Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College, and its respective members, officers, employees, student workers, student interns, volunteers, agents, representatives, institutions, and/or departments from any and all liability, claims, damages, costs, expenses, personal injuries, illnesses, death or loss of personal property resulting, in whole or in part, from my participation in, or use of, any facility, equipment, and/or programs of Louisiana State University.
By entering a LSU UREC facility, I consent to being the subject of any photography, audio, or video recordings, which may take place while I am participating in programming and/or open recreation activities. Such photography and recordings may be used for LSU publications, webcasts, telecasts, advertising, and for any other additional promotional or marketing purpose as Louisiana State University may see fit. By entering a LSU UREC facility, I hereby waive all rights or claims I may have to any financial compensation or payment of royalties in connection with any publications, webcasts, broadcasts, or exhibition of these materials. When/if my likeness or image is used in a publication, there will be no identifying information provided. If you do not wish to be photographed, please kindly inform our photographer or videographer.
UREC membership and program registration are paid in full at the time of purchase. A refund for membership cancellation may be granted for the following circumstances:
- Injury/Illness with doctor’s note provided
- Departure from University employment
- While facility is under construction (applicable to Faculty/Staff, Alumni, and Affiliates)
All refunds require the approval of the LSU University Recreation Associate Director of Business Administration. Refunds may take up to 10 business days to process.
Written notices of all requests for cancellation are required. Notice to request cancellation should be submitted via the Membership Cancellation Form.
A full refund will be granted for program cancellations due to insufficient enrollment and will not result in a $10 administrative charge.
Visitors are considered anyone coming to UREC to either meet with a UREC staff member or to serve as a spectator during a UREC programmed activity. Visitors must check-in at the Operations Desk and the applicable staff member will be contacted to escort visitors to the appropriate meeting or UREC programmed activity in the facility.