As a parent, it’s important to have all your questions answered prior to send your child to Tiger’s Den, as well as what to expect while your child is away at camp. Click on a tab below to expand FAQs and answers.
Check out our website for up-to-date listings of current camp offerings, registration, and contact information. For specific questions, please contact Ryan Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (225) 578-7029.
No, although faculty and staff receive priority registration times, Tiger’s Den is open to Faculty and Staff of LSU and the Baton Rouge Community.
Registration closes the Wednesday before the first day of camp the following week or when the program fills, so please make sure to register early to ensure your child’s spot.
UREC takes all major credit cards and personal checks. Faculty and Staff of LSU may opt in for payroll deduction.
Tiger’s Den mostly offers on-campus field trips. However, plans are being made to offer field trips to local Baton Rouge attractions. Information about potential fields trips will be announced in the Spring 2017 semester.
Camp includes a wide variety of activities based around themes assigned to each week. Campers can expect to participate in relay races, swimming, arts and crafts and outdoor activities.
Camp will begin and end in the West Gymnasium. While many activities are held gym, some activities will allow campers to travel throughout our facility to participate in numerous program opportunities that the UREC has to offer.
Children aged 6* – 12 are eligible to attend Tiger’s Den.
8:00 – 9:00 a.m. – Drop-off
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Camp activities
4:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Pick-up
- Lunch and snacks will be provided. For special food accommodations, please contact Drew Cantwell at email@example.com.
- Counselors are responsible for ensuring a safe environment and positive camp experience for all campers. Counselors are current college students or recent graduates.
- Counselors complete an extensive training prior to the start of camp, which focuses on topics such as child behavior and development, discipline, incident prevention, rules and regulations, and certification in First Aid/CPR/AED for Adult, Child, & Infant by the American Red Cross.
- All staff, including Director and Counselors, must pass a background check to be employed with Tiger’s Den.
The Parent Handbook is a valuable resource that all families should review prior to attending camp. Click here to view the handbook.
- LSU Affiliates = $160, Registration begins Feb. 1
- Community Rate = $180, Registration begins Feb. 15
For more information on Tiger’s Den, please contact our Camp Director, Ryan Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-578-7029 for more information.Tiger’s Den Home