Enjoy the weekend and recover from midterms by canoeing through the natural scenic Black Creek Wilderness Area. We will travel between 15-20 miles and camp overnight on the shores and sandbars
- Location: Brooklyn, MS
- Date: October 19 – 21, 2013
- Prices: $70 (UREC member) • $85 (Non-member guest)
- Pre-trip meeting: October 16, 2013
About trip location
Black Creek Wilderness area is located outside of DeSoto National Forest and is a tributary of the Pascagoula River. It is a typical coastal plain ecosystem that existed before forests were cleared and rivers were dammed.
Reserve your spot by 12:00 p.m. on October 14 at the Student Recreation Center Operations Desk.
- Included in the trip fees are travel to and from the site, all group gear, all activity gear, and medically trained staff to provide instruction for all participants.
- Participants will be placed in tent/cook groups, and will be required to purchase food to accommodate their group for trip. Information on appropriate choices will be discussed at the pre-trip meeting.
- All trips are designed to be appropriate for beginner to intermediate skill levels.
- All trips meet at and depart from the Student Recreation Center.