Come spend the weekend with Adventure Education while we camp and spend the day canoeing through the waters of Lake Fausse Pointe State Park. Before our trip home we’ll go on a guided swamp tour.
- Location: Lake Fausse Pointe State Park, LA
- Date: October 4 – 6, 2013
- Prices: $65 (UREC member) • $80 (Non-member guest)
- Pre-trip meeting: September 30, 2013
About trip location
Lake Fausse Point State Park is located on the westen edge of the Atchafalaya Basin. It provides an excellent example of Louisiana swamps as it used to be a part of the Atchafalaya Swamp until levees separated them.
Registration has been extended for this trip! Reserve your spot by 12:00 p.m. on October 2 at the Student Recreation Center Operations Desk or online here.
- Included in the trip fees are travel to and from the site, all group gear, all activity gear, and medically trained staff to provide instruction for all participants.
- Participants will be placed in tent/cook groups, and will be required to purchase food to accommodate their group for trip. Information on appropriate choices will be discussed at the pre-trip meeting.
- All trips are designed to be appropriate for beginner to intermediate skill levels.
- All trips meet at and depart from the Student Recreation Center.