Tiger’s Den: Day Camps
LSU University Recreation is proud to introduce brand new programs for the youth of LSU and community of Baton Rouge. Tiger’s Den Day Camp is a fun recreational, motivational and educational adventure for children ages 6-12. Camp sessions are one day in length and structured like a normal day of school with campers moving through our facilities participating in different programs throughout each day.
2016-2017 Session Dates & Registration
|Session||Dates||Register by*||LSU Affiliate|
|Thanksgiving Break||November 21 – 23||November 18||$30 per day|
|Winter Break Camp||January 3 & 4||December 23||$30 per day|
|Mardi Gras Camp||February 27 – March 1||Feburary 24||$30 per day|
|Spring Break Camp||March 17 – March 21||March 12||$30 / $125 wk.|
*Registration must be received no later than 5 p.m. on the deadline day.
NOTE: LSU Faculty/Staff includes employees of Pennington Biomedical Research Center, LSU Health Sciences, and University Laboratory School. Individuals must present their employee ID from respective institution at the time of registration.
Contact the Camp Director,Stesha Heselius-Mashinchi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-578-7029 for more information.
How to Register
1) Fill out the Camper Registration Form completely.
2) Fill out additional forms if applicable (Payroll Deduction Form).
3) Submit form(s) to the LSU Student Recreation Center for payment and processing
- Form(s) can be submitted in the following ways:
- In-person at the Student Recreation Center Operations Desk
- Mail (with full payment) to:
LSU UREC Operations c/o Tiger’s Den Director
Student Recreation Complex
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- Fax: 225-578-8489 (after receiving, Tiger’s Den staff will telephone for credit card information. A camper is not registered until this transaction is completed).
- Scan & email to: Stesha Heselius-Mashinchi at email@example.com (after receiving, Tiger’s Den staff will telephone for credit card information. A camper is not registered until this transaction is completed).
All University affiliated registrants must present an official LSU ID at the time of registration. LSU UREC accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Cash, Checks, and Payroll Deduction for those eligible. Checks should be made out to “LSU University Recreation Tiger’s Den.”
Fees must be paid in full upon registration.
Early drop-off: $10
Late pick-up: $10
Both early drop-off and late pick-up: $15
*Add-on fees are the same regardless of Affiliate or Community status.
Once a child has been registered for Tiger’s Den, a confirmation packet will be emailed to the parents. This packet will be emailed within 24 hours of registration and includes mandatory waivers and medical forms.
These materials will need to be completed and returned at least five business days before the start of your camper’s first week of camp. These dates coincide with the registration deadlines listed above.